This grade 1 listed building and former Scheduled Ancient Monument was built between 1811 and 1814 and forms part of the historic dockyard complex in Portsmouth. At completion it was one of the largest armaments and Ordnance stores in the country.
The building now forms part of a mixed use regeneration scheme comprising retail, restaurants and housing.
GHK Architects were initially commissioned by Berkeley Homes to negotiate consent with English Heritage to permit conversion of the building to provide 28 luxury loft-style apartments. We subsequently prepared construction drawings and provided site architect services for the conversion works.