Located in a quiet residential area close to the Kremlin, the original building on the site dates from 1859. Following a serious fire in 1892 the building was extended in a similar style. In 1905 the building was redeveloped as a European quality baths by Adolf Wilhelm Erikson, a well-known German Moscow architect, who remodelled the front facade in the Art-Nouveau style. A laundry building c. 1950 was added in the courtyard during the Soviet era.
Following a period of neglect, the building was purchased by one of Russia’s largest development companies who have commissioned us to prepare concept proposals for converting the building into luxury loft style apartments.