Historic Environment Consultancy
Historic Environment Consultancy includes all aspects of technical repair, and statutory control of works involving Heritage Assets.
When working with existing buildings, our starting point is a thorough understanding of the cultural significance of historic fabric and location. This provides a framework within which pragmatic, informed decisions can be made which respect the past and exploit opportunities for creative reuse and innovation.
Our experience in this sector includes:
- Conservation Management Plans
- Conservation area appraisals
- Historic building and site research and assessment
- Statements of significance
- Planning negotiations
- Expert witness
- Quinquennial and quadrennial surveys and technical conservation consultancy
- Maintenance plans with prioritised schedules of works
- Alternative use studies.
A marked up archaeologists drawing of the masonry comprising the kitchen range wall at Lulworth Castle.
Schedule of Repair and Consolidation work to the central tower at Lulworth Castle.